Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Heartbeat Bill

   I was reading the news online a few days ago and came across a bill that Ohio lawmakers are trying to pass that would make abortion illegal as soon as a fetal heartbeat is detected. The heartbeat has been detected as early as 18 days after conception. I pray this bill is passed because abortion is out of control. In my opinion, the day abortion became legal was only the start of it. Common sence isn't common anymore. I don't understand how anyone could hear a heartbeat inside of a mommy and continue to call that life a "fetus". This world is getting worse and worse by the minute, but I know just like it says in Luke 1:37, "For with God nothing shall be impossible", if God so chooses, this bill could be passed. I will continue to diligently pray for this bill and those lawmakers.
   Who knew at the age of 12, when God gave me that verse as my life verse, that Jeremy and I would go through that very same trial that Zechariah and Elizabeth went through when she was barren in the beggining of Luke chapter 1?! She did finally become pregnant when she was "well stricken in years". And that was the happy beggining for their son "John the Baptist."  I can't wait to see what God has in store for both Jeremy and me! But until then, life couldn't be better than where we are right now; which is in the will of God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment