Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Mondays are usually our day together and have been for the past 4 1/2 years that Jeremy has been on staff at Open Door. Its important to us to have at least one whole day together during the week because the rest of the week is crazy, being in the ministry. Since the weather has been SO gorgeous lately, we wanted to take advantage of it. So, we decided to hike Tiger Mountian. I mean, hike Snoqualmie Falls. I mean, go get me a cute purse! (I do promise, I had the best in intentions and didn't mean to shop. It just happened that way!)
Let me explain why we didn't do what we had set out for. I loved hiking Tiger Mountain a few years ago with Liz Poole and Wendy Kennedy, so I thought Jeremy would like it too. Well, we drove all the way passed Issaquah to Tiger Mountain only to find out that you have to have a "Discovery Pass" to park at the base of the mountain. Its rather stupid if you ask me, because we do have a pass; it just happened to be in our other car. At home. We were not about to drive all the way back just to get it either. So, we drove around a bit thinking we might find more parking. Nope. Nothing. We then decided to head over to Snoqualmie Falls and hike to the bottom of that mountain. Well, wouldn't you know, we got there, took a few beautiful pictures of the falls, and noticed there was a sign that said, "Trail closed until March 2013". Bummer dude!


 Snoqualmie Falls and Salish lodge. (We stayed at that lodge for our first anniversary)

Jeremy and Lexi
Can you believe she will be 9 years old next month?! We got her when she was just a 12 week old pup. Man, time does really go by fast!

 
 
So, what do you do when life hands you lemons? You go shopping at the outlet mall in North Bend! Wahoo!
 
I found this at Wilson's Leather and it smells SO nice! (Don't think I'm weird. You'd smell it too if it was real leather! Lol.) Original price:$140. Kim's price: $29.95! That's what I'm talkin' about! And I am really loving gray these days.
 
 
On the drive home, we were talking about our day and how much fun we had. It didn't matter to either of us that it didn't go as planned. We both just love being with each other and all we really want to do on our Mondays is just spend time together.

1 comment:

  1. Cute purse! That is a must stop on every trip to or from the west coast. My favorite is the Gap. I need to get myself a purse. But I don't like purse shopping. I want only one purse that just makes me happy. It needs to be a happy purse... So far we haven't found each other :-)

    ReplyDelete