In September, Jeremy and I decided to do add Respite Care to our lives. It's when foster parents need someone to watch their foster children. Those children would then go to a licensed family's home to be taken care of, such as us. So far, we have taken care of two kids this way. Recently, we had a sweet 2 year old girl that we fell head over heals for! I miss her but we will be doing respite care for her again in a few weeks. I can't wait because she was so much fun! We don't know what the future holds, but we do trust in the One who does. I choose to keep pressing forward growing my faith because I know God is at work! Sometimes I feel like my plans are best, but without fail, each time I try to do things my way, things tend to get messed up. God's plan for my life is best and I want things to be done His way because His timing is perfect, and His plan is perfect!
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Faith; I will have!
Pastor Murphy preached a message last Sunday that hit close to home. During trials in life, it's hard to see God working, but He is. He wants to grow faith in each of us. I believe it's difficult during trials, but it's all in your perspective. Most people don't understand the trial that Jeremy and I have with infertility and with facing it for so long. Sometimes it feels lonely. But it is so good to know we have One we can rely on! God has promised that He will never leave us. When I was 13, God gave me my life verse. Luke 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible." I had no idea, at the time, that that verse would hit so close to home! I too, am similar to Elisabeth, who was also barren. It gives me hope. (Even if I never do have kids, that if I continue to stay faithful to the Lord, nothing is impossible!) It's been a roller coaster the past 2 years since we decided to start fostering kids.
In September, Jeremy and I decided to do add Respite Care to our lives. It's when foster parents need someone to watch their foster children. Those children would then go to a licensed family's home to be taken care of, such as us. So far, we have taken care of two kids this way. Recently, we had a sweet 2 year old girl that we fell head over heals for! I miss her but we will be doing respite care for her again in a few weeks. I can't wait because she was so much fun! We don't know what the future holds, but we do trust in the One who does. I choose to keep pressing forward growing my faith because I know God is at work! Sometimes I feel like my plans are best, but without fail, each time I try to do things my way, things tend to get messed up. God's plan for my life is best and I want things to be done His way because His timing is perfect, and His plan is perfect!
In September, Jeremy and I decided to do add Respite Care to our lives. It's when foster parents need someone to watch their foster children. Those children would then go to a licensed family's home to be taken care of, such as us. So far, we have taken care of two kids this way. Recently, we had a sweet 2 year old girl that we fell head over heals for! I miss her but we will be doing respite care for her again in a few weeks. I can't wait because she was so much fun! We don't know what the future holds, but we do trust in the One who does. I choose to keep pressing forward growing my faith because I know God is at work! Sometimes I feel like my plans are best, but without fail, each time I try to do things my way, things tend to get messed up. God's plan for my life is best and I want things to be done His way because His timing is perfect, and His plan is perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you guys to find the perfect little one to make up that trio!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sunny! Miss you all and can't wait to see you again.
ReplyDelete