Jeremy and I took a group of Sr highers down to Golden State Baptist College a few weeks ago and while in Northern Cali, we wanted to stop by San Fransisco since both Jeremy and I had been there before, just not together. I know what that place is known for, and no, it wasn't bad. (Even though there was a "parade" that next weekend, so thank goodness we missed it by 5 days! I think I would have just rather died than to be there that weekend!)
Anyway, it was a ton of fun with a smaller group of teens. We separated the middle schoolers and high schoolers a few months ago, so we have a chance of getting to know the sr highers a little better now.
While in San Fransisco, we went to the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, and the Ghirradelli Chocolate Factory. A highlight for me personally had to be the left-handed store. It was a store filled with crazy gadgets (for left handed people) made for odd-balls like me! It was so cool.
After a day in S.F, we headed to Golden State Baptist College in Santa Clara. The preaching was so wonderful. They didn't fly any special speakers to the youth conference. They had the men on staff at the church preach the entire time. It was a pretty big conference with around 3,000 teenagers. During competitions, it was so loud, even I had to cover my ears! I know....crazy since I'm one of the loudest person I know!
We went to a water park one day and Six Flags another. The teens had a blast, and so did we.
And to end the trip, we stopped in Redding because it is the last In N Out Burgers on the way home. They are the best burgers in the world! (Well, maybe not the world, but they're pretty good!)
All in all, I believe God blessed the trip and each of our teenagers hearts and lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment