Anyways, I saw this picture of the lady wanting to make her own peanut butter and I had to blog it b/c that's exactly what I have felt like since I've been home. It really cracked me up! I have attempted and succesfully accomplished the following:
- Homemade doggy treats for Lexi
- Homemade pies such as apple pie, whoopie pies, and pumpkin pie; plus my own pumpkin whipped cream (to die for, I might add) :)
- Laundry detergent. I will never buy detergent from a store again after trying this. Going this route had saved us so much moola! I make it in a 5 gallon bucket and it lasts us about 4 months. After the bucket is empty, I spend $2 making the next bucket that will last us 4 more months. One thing I love about it is it only takes 3 ingredients to make it, which is nice for us because Jeremy has sensitve skin and I know what our clothes are being washed in. You can also add essential oils such as lavender , tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, or sweet orange. Some of those are benificial for boosting cleaning power, and those suffering from colds. I haven't tried the oils yet. I am still experimenting. I highly recommmend going this route if you are a Homemaker for two reasons. The first is you need to dedicate time to make it and secondly, most one-income families are looking for ways to making the dollar go farther. I got the recipe after watching the show 19 Kids and Counting. I'm sure with that size of family, they would go bankrupt if they bought deteregent from the store!
- Sewing. My mom made a lot of church dresses for my sisters and me, so I was able to watch her sew as I grew up. When Jeremy and I were teenagers, his mom also helped give me tips for sewing projects. I didn't have time to do this even though I have had a sewing machine most of our marriage. I am loving it! I am hoping to add my little touches to the decor in the kids' room now that I have more time. I will try and post a picture once that room is completed.
- Refinishing a dresser/changing table. I am hoping to be done with this soon, I am excited because I have never refinished a dresser before, but my brother wants to help me so that he can get the practice too. My dad has always been into wood working, so he will guide me along. Praise the Lord he is helping because it would be a disaster if I tried that on my own!
I think I need that detergent recipe :) Love you Kim! And love to see the Lord working in your heart. You are a beautiful woman inside and out and I am blessed to call you my friend!! So excited for your tomorrows and mine. God is so good all the time!
ReplyDeleteLove, Talia