The first day of demolition was sad because this is where Jeremy and I met, (in the 6th grade), we both made many life-changing decisions at the alter, we were baptized, we were married almost 8 years ago, Jeremy was ordained into the ministry, and it is also where he graduated and got his pastoral diploma. So many memories. But we look forward to seeing what the future holds in the new sanctuary!
Liz and me, workin real hard!
This is what we used to call the "fireside room". The ceilings were raised and the missionary apartment is no longer there. This room is now the new choir and we will be using the old grand piano for practices.
The new foyer with welcome desk.
Missionary wall
Media center
Finally, a screen for song leaders and choir!
The room on the top left is the "cry room". The windows are sound-proof, so moms can still hear and see Pastor preaching, but we, down below, don't hear "precious little babies" crying. :)
After all of the prayers, physical labor, and sacrificial giving, it is almost complete. We will be adding the pulpit and new grand piano this week! Thank you Lord for all you have done to bless Open Door!
Wow Kim this is an awesome post! Micah came by last week and told me that it looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I cant wait to see it in person.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post!!! I can't wait to visit again and see the finished product myself!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, this is beautiful!!! And I love the cry room :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been a long time, I think that last time we saw you guys was at the marriage retreat last year.
hope you're doing well!!!
love your blog :)