Job 1:21 ..."The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
Two weeks ago, we were faced with the hardest obstacle that we have ever had to face in our almost 9 years of marriage. We had to let Joy go. Forever.
If you remember, Joy was our very first foster child. We thought she was the one. We were so thrilled! But about 4 weeks ago, Joy's social worker thought it was best that we had our goodbyes. She is being placed in a different kind of environment that we didn't, and still don't for that matter, agree with. But God is in control. We know He has a plan and purpose for Joy and for us. Please keep her in your prayers.
On our last night with her, we took her to the Macaroni Grill because mac n cheese is her favorite food. Then we went inside the mall and let her pick out a few Hello Kitty items because that's another one of Joy's favorites. :) We gave her a Bible and told her no matter where she goes, not to let anyone take that Bible away from her. We also gave her a letter telling her how much she means to us and what a special little girl she is.
We don't understand things that come our way sometimes, but because we have faith, we know faith is in His timing. We do look forward to God's bright future for us.
I recently heard of a great quote that hits home to us. "It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want."
When we found out where Joy is being placed, I wanted to give up. I thought, "This is way too much to handle emotionally."
But then I began to feel convicted about my bad attitude because I know this is where God wants us. We have such a desire to save children from making bad choices in life. We want to give a few kids a Godly home and a place where they can know is safe, with a family that loves them. It's too early to give up. Not now. Not ever. Until God calls us elsewhere, this is our ministry.

We will be praying for you guys. It was great talking to you the other day... I miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an incredible woman, Kim! Such a great example for all of us. God is using you and Jeremy! I am proud to call you my friends. I am still praying for you guys, and sweet Joy. Your time will come :) Love you so!
ReplyDelete